Yes! You’ve noticed it too then? A problem with the latest version of CPS 2.0 for Motorola MOTOTRBO radios is that it appears to be so slow!
But there is a fix. It’s a bit of a mess around, but it seems to work.
Our colleague, Sam from BTW in Canberra, went under the hood so-to-speak and made some adjustments in CPS 2.0 configuration file which makes most, if not all, operations many times faster than before.
Until the necessary improvements are made in the next release, here is the modified configuration file:
- English [MD5 hash e0b529485e2efdd726fb1c37705f6b04]
- All other languages [MD5 hash b126e04c65e8b706ce15851317e88a5d] results might not be as fast as the above file.
To use it:
- Download either of the above files. (Optionally confirm the MD5).
- Make sure CPS2 is closed.
- Copy(overwrite) the above downloaded CPSshell.exe.config file to C:\Program Files (x86)\Motorola\MOTOTRBO CPS 2.0. Optionally, you can create a backup of the existing file by renaming it to CPSshell.exe.config.bak.