What Replaced These Awesome Radios?
The official replacement for the Kenwood TK-3201 and Kenwood TK-3301 is the Kenwood TK-3401D. The TK-3401D is an improved version of the TK-3201 and TK-3301, works on the same channels, but also adds in digital mode for ultra-clear audio – so a massive improvement. See below for more TK-3401D improvements and features.
The Kenwood TK-3501 Myth
Many people think that the TK-3501 is the replacement for the TK-3301 and TK-3201. This is simply not true. The TK-3501 was released before the TK-3401D was released. And both were released before the TK-3301 was cancelled. And we presume this may have been the source of the confusion. The fact is that the Kenwood TK-3501 is a very slimmed down radio in both features and build quality. This means that TK-3501 is a cheaper radio, and it is by no means anywhere near as rugged as the TK-3301. In contrast the TK-3401D is built to the same MIL standard and is improved in quality.
Why Is The TK-3401D The Replacement
Kenwood TK-3401D Features
- Replaces the highly successful TK-3301E model
- Operates on the PMR446 License-Free Service in both Digital and Analogue FM modes. dPMR mode complies with the ETSI TS 102 490 Standard
- 8 Analogue PMR446 Frequencies and 16 dPMR446 Digital Frequencies
- Switch between analogue and digital mode easily
- AMBE+2 Vocoder for Natural Sounding Digital Voice
- Works with all other licence free radios (programming maybe required)
- Built-In Voice Scrambler
- “Industrial Strength” Construction, to US MIL-STD Specification 810G and IP54/55
- Supplied with Li-Ion Battery, Belt Clip and optional charger
You can buy the Kenwood TK-3401D on our website here.